PVKN GOVT COLLEGE CHITTOOR
Constitution of Women Empowerment Cell for the Year 2014-15
The Principal Dr. G.Ananda Reddy constituted a new committee for the Women Empowerment Cell for the academic year 2014-15 with the following members of the women faculty on 16-6-2014.
|1||Smt K. Hemalatha||Convenor|
|2||Dr. KousarJaha Begum||C0-convenor|
|3||Dr. T. Malathi Gabriel||C0-convenor|
|4||Dr. G. Usha Rani||Member|
|5||Dr. S. Sugunamma||Member|
|6||Dr. Y. GnanaPrasunamba||Member|
|8||Dr. K. Rajani||Member|
|9||Smt. P. Sujana||Member|
|10||Smt. Y. Gnana Prasunamba||Member|
Aim and Objectives of the Women Empowerment Cell
Aim : To create an awareness of the Women’s Right and to empower Women with a power, passion and purpose.
- To promote a culture of respect and equality for female gender.
- To encourage women as individuals in their own right.
- To make the girl students/women aware of the guidelines of Supreme Court
- To ensure that sexual harassment is treated as an unacceptable social behavior and crime within the institution and the society.
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
ACTION PLAN for 2014-15
|June -14||Constitution of the WEC and preparation of Action Plan for the year 2014-15.|
|July – 14||Orientation to Girl students/Women on WEC and its significant role in GDC by Smt. Hemalatha, Convenor|
|August – 14||Celebration of Women’s Equality Day|
|September – 14||Awareness programme on Health and Hygiene by Medical Officer|
|October – 14||Legal Awareness Programme by Law Personnel|
|November – 14||Workshop/Training on Self-defense Techniques|
|December-14||Extension of Programme to community (near by village)|
|January – 15||Study Projects|
|February – 15||Seminar on Women Rights by students|
|March – 15||Celebration of Women’s Day|