National level workshop was organised by Department of Botany
Click here to view details
Details of seminars and workshops organized by various departments.
- Department of English
- A Two day workshop was organized on “Strategies to improve English speaking skills of students” for Lecturers in English of Chittoor and Kadapa districts from 16th and 17th October, 2014.
- Two day workshop was organized on “Phonetics and Revision Strategies for Students” for lecturers in English of Chittoor and Kadapa districts from 17th to 18th December, 2014.
- Department of Economics
- A workshop was conducted on the “Safe Usage and conservation of LPG” on 29-01-2015 to educate and enlighten the students.
- Department of Botany
- A workshop on “Medicinal Plants” was conducted on 04-02-2015 by the Department of Botany. A live demonstration on “Medicinal plants available in Chittoor district” was presented.
- A National seminar on “Recent Advances in Plant Sciences – RAPS 2015” was organized from 7th to 8th March, 2015 by the department of Botany sponsored by the UGC.
- A workshop on “Organic Farming” was organized by the Department of Botany for the staff, students and farmers on 29-10-2015.
- A workshop on “Trends in Conservation of Biodiversity” was held by the Department of Botany on 24th & 25th August, 2017.
- Department of Statistics
- A National Seminar was organized on “The Role of Statistical Tools in Data Analysis of Research Projects and Thesis- (NSSTDA-2015)” from 26th to 27th June, 2015.
- Department of Zoology
- A National Seminar was conducted on “India A Hot Spot of Environmental Challenges and Need of the Multi disciplinary Approach to solve the Environmental Issues” from 15th to 16th December, 2015
1.State Level Workshop on Experiments for Young Engineers
and Scientists – ExpEYES
November 15 – 16, 2013
Department of Physics & Electronics
P.V.K.N. Govt. College, Chittoor
In Collaboration With
Inter University Accelerator Center (IUAC)
Chief Patron Patron
Sri T. Adinarayana Reddy Dr. T.B.S. Reddy
PRINCIPAL Reader & Head
Dr. K. Subramanyam Naidu
Reader in Physics
P.V.K.N. Govt. College
Chittoor – 517002
The main objective of the workshop is to train Physics Teachers to make use of Free Software and ExpEYES Kit to perform science experiments at Intermediate, U.G. & P.G. level. Interfacing, Automatic experimental data collection, Graph plotting and analysis in computer, production of publication quality graphs, etc. will be discussed. Writing and executing simple programs using free programming language Python will be discussed. This workshop will also help enhancing the skills in teaching and learning laboratory experiments. It is also possible to design our own experiments once we master the hardware and programming language.
ExpEYES (Experiments for Young Engineers and Scientists) is a project developed by IUAC, New Delhi. It provides a built-in hardware with necessary software installed. The software is Free and Open Source, mostly written in Python programming language.
ExpEYES consists of hardware kit used to interface real world experiments to computer and software facilities such as data analysis via programming.
The objective of PHOENIX/ExpEYES Project (Physics with Home-made Equipment and Innovative Experiments) project is to provide the same facilities available in a good laboratory on a smaller scale to the teachers, students and any other with scientific temper. It also enables the users to develop new experiments without getting into the details of electronics or computer programming.
ExpEYES is Capable of doing real time measurements and analyzing the data in different ways.
The Department of Physics & Electronics of P.V.K.N. Govt. College, Chittoor is currently offering undergraduate courses in B.Sc. MPC (TM & EM), MPCs, MECs. The department has excellent infrastructure with well equipped Physics, Electronics and Computer laboratories. With six faculty members (among them two Readers), it has the capability to shape the students in achieving higher goals. Active Research work is carried out in the department with one completed and two ongoing UGC sponsored Minor Research Projects.
PVKN Govt. College is situated at the outskirts of Chittoor city on the Chittoor – Vellore high way. The college serves the educational needs of several urban, rural and backward areas of Chittoor district. Several UG courses such as B.Sc. MPC, MPCs, MECs, MSCs, BZC, MBC, BBTC, BCom Gen, BCom Comp., BA HTP, ESCs, HEP etc. and PG courses: MSc Organic Chemistry, MSc Botany, MSc Mathematics, M.Com, MCom(FM) MA Economics, etc. are offered to cater the needs of students. Apart from these courses there are several certificate course offered periodically.
The faculty members including the contract and guest lecturers are actively involved in enhancement of academic standards.
About THE City:
Chittoor is at the heart of several South Indian Pilgrim places. Famous temples Tirumala Sri Venkateswara Swamy temple, Kanipakam Vara Siddhi Vinayaka temple, Srikalahasti Vayulingeswara temple, Vellore Golden temple and several other pilgrim places are situated around Chittoor. It borders Tamil Nadu and Karnataka. It has excellent bus and train facilities. A Large number of buses run between Tirupati and Chittoor round the clock.
There is no Registration fee for the participants. Limited number of participants is allowed on first-cum-first serve basis.
Last date for Registration: 09–11–2013 up to 5pm
Date : 15th & 16th Nov., 2013
Workshop timings : 9 am to 5 pm
Dr. T. Balasubramanyam Reddy, Head
Dr. K. Subramanyam Naidu, Convener
Smt. K. Hemalatha
Sri G.M. Shanmugam
Sri G. Giribabu
Sri Ch. Bapanayya
For further details contact:
Dr. K. Subramanyam Naidu
Dr. T. Balasubramanyam Reddy