IQAC Report – 2011-2012
The Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Name of the Institution : P.V.K.N. Govt. College, Chittoor.
Address : Vellore Road, Greamspet, Chittoor – 517 002
Website : www.pvkngcchittoor.in
Academic year : 2011-2012
Profile of the College
P.V.K.N. Government college, Chittoor was situated at the outskirts of Chittoor Town. Originally the campus was covering an area of 112.42 acres. The land was acquired by the then R.D.O Chittoor by utilizing donor’s fund and college special fee funds. The patta lands acquired was about 78 acres and remaining was poramboke and AWD lands transferred by government in the name of the College. Nearly 31 acres of land was alienated to N.P.S Government College for Women and Krishnaveni Junior College for Girls and nearly 14 acres was occupied by Government agencies. Now, the campus spreads over an area of 67.2 acres.
This College was affiliated to S.V. University, Tirupati in the year 1961 and got UGC recognition under 12 (f) and 2( b) in the year 1966. Now the college is elevated from UG level to PG level.
The courses offered after the accreditation and strength particulars of students during the academic year 2011-12 are as follows:
|Group||Appeared||Distinction||I Class||II Class||III Class||Total Pass||Pass %|
Examination Results of PG courses
|S. No.||Course||Appeared||Success||Success rate|
|2||M.Sc. Organic Chemistry||32||29||91|
102 old students were enrolled under Alumni Association. The Alumni assists in the developmental activities of the college.
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University
Our college is a study centre for Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University. It was established in the year 1986-87. It is imparting knowledge to the students of various categories like house wives, employed people, military personnel etc. This study centre is situated in a trilingual border of Telugu, Tamil and Kannada and providing “education for all” as the slogan of the university. The motto of the university is “education at your door step”. It is fulfilling the motto of the university.
It is imparting education in B.A., B.Com., and B.Sc. courses. Dr. K. Dayananda Reddy, Lecturer in Chemistry is the coordinator.
I year, 468, II Year 373 and III year 363 students were admitted in to various courses during the year 2011-12.
IGNOU – Indira Gandhi National Open University
Our college is a partner institution with IGNOU.
It is imparting education to different categories of people including house wives, working persons in the private and public sector and unemployed youth.
It was started in the year 2008.
It is imparting education in M.Com., M.A. M.Sc. B.Com. B.A. courses, C. Functional English, CBZ, CIC.
Sri E. Chandra Naidu is coordinator. 97 students had taken admission in January, 2011 into various courses.
To seek re-accreditation and autonomy the institution is run on certain core values. To foster global competencies among students, they are trained in soft skills.
- The use of technology is encouraged to promote excellence among students.
- The lecture-method is supplemented with the learner-centred activities such as Group discussions, Seminars, Quiz, etc.
- Special Instructional programmes such as Tutorials, Remedial Coaching, Ward System were being implemented to guide slow-learners and under-achievers.
- Teachers were trained to handle sophisticated educational technologies like the LCD projector and the power point presentations.
- Students from rural areas are specially trained in communication skills in English.
- Women students are sensitized on issues confronting them such as domestic violence, discrimination against the girl-child, male chauvinism, pre-natal tests, etc., Students were involved in AIDS Awareness campaigns, social forestry, literacy programmes, etc.,
- Attempts are made to make the students as civilized, disciplined and skillful citizens of the nation.